Hennops River Rescue – an organised river clean-up event aimed at ridding the Hennops River (Centurion) of accumulated litter & plastic. The day will include early-morning yoga on the grass, as well as music, food & drinks, competitions & giveaways and a relaxed outdoor market area. We invite you to come along and lend a helping hand. Everyone is welcome!
Bring the whole family for a morning outdoors, cleaning, caring for and enjoying our beautiful surroundings!
The day will include:
– 08:00 – 09:00 / FREE 60-minute, outdoor yoga with The Yogi Paige at The Royal Elephant Hotel (Bondev Lawns).
– 09:00 – 12:00 / Clean-up on the Hennops River banks to remove accumulated litter & plastic / clearing of alien vegetation / inauguration of the first section of the ‘Old Elephant Paths’ Hennops River Walking trail / eco-brick making with unrecyclable plastics / outreach to the Bagerezi (waste collectors) riverside community.
– 08:00 – 14:00 / Outdoor market at The Royal Elephant Hotel (Bondev Lawns) with all things healthy and zero-waste inspired.
Please bring your reusables along! There will be a water filling station at the yoga/market lawns for you to refill your bottles.
What to bring for the clean-up: Gloves, refuse bags, nets, sun hats, reusable water bottles – bring gum boots if you have them.
What to bring for the yoga: Yoga mat & water – there will be a limited number of Earth Warrior® cork yoga mats to use for the class. To secure your spot for the yoga session, please email email@example.com
Parking: Free, secure parking is available at The Royal Elephant Hotel’s, Bondev Lawns.
– Food and drinks will be on sale near the yoga/market area.
– Picnic blankets/baskets are welcome.
– Furry friends on leashes are also welcome.
– Child-friendly event. All children wanting to participate in the clean-up are to be supervised/accompanied by an adult.
See you there!